IT Support & Systems Analyst
IT Support & Systems Analyst required. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a higly respected and growing manufacturing company of over 240 employees, mostly based in Solihull, but with salespeople and service engineers working remotely from around the country.
The function of the IT department is to ensure that the IT systems meet the needs of the company on both a day to day and long term basis.
Our client has around 70 staff using computers on a daily basis, and servers are virtualised with VMWare, and include Windows Server, SQL Server and Exchange Servers. Most users connect into an RDP server, although our engineering department use CAD workstations and work locally.
The IT systems comprise the software systems - in-house developed software, third party systems, off the shelf packages, Windows server/mail/database and VMWare, and hardware system - network infrastructure, hardware virtual environment, users’ devices – desktop & mobile.
We also maintain and create some in-house software systems based on C#, VB, ASP.NET. HTML/CSS and Microsoft Access VBA.
The IT department will install, operate, maintain, develop and troubleshoot the various systems, and support users in their use of these systems, using both in-house expertise and external support as necessary.
The duties of the IT Support & Systems Analyst will comprise of:
• Translating user development request into program change seeking to maximise the users satisfaction and efficiency
• Providing expert support and knowledge on system related issues
• Ensuring Statutory and Company HS&E regulations and procedures are adhered to
• Setting up of new users, and their computer systems
• Providing IT Training to users, as and when required
• Maintaining a professional presence to enhance the quality and reputation of both the department and the company
• Attending technical/ system user groups on behalf of the business
• Identifying system enhancements or changes which improve computer users processes
• Analysing, reviewing and altering program to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements
• Troubleshooting and resolving system and user issues, prioritising as necessary, and using workarounds if required
• Escalating to the IT manager, or external support organisation, issues that cannot be resolved on a timely basis or where the IT Support Analyst does not have the necessary technical expertise
Essential Skills/ Experience required:
• Experience within a small / medium IT Team
• 1st / 2nd Level Support experience
• Windows Server 2012 or newer
• Active Directory, DHCP, DNS
• Exchange || Windows 7 or newer || Microsoft Office
• Excellent communication skills
• At least one of the programming languages: Visual Basic 6, VB.NET, C#.NET, VBA
• Experience with SQL Server
• Visual Studio Knowledge
Advantageous Skills/ Experience:
• Multiple programming language knowledge
• Website management experience
• Veeam Suite
• Solidworks experience/ knowledge
• ERP system exposure
• CRM system exposure
• Remote Desktop Services
• HP SANs
Salary Guide: c£30k to £35k Dependent on Experience
Working Hours 39.5 hours Monday – Friday
• Company Pension Scheme
• Bonus Structure
• Opportunity to join Share Ownership Scheme