Workshop Supervisor required to undertake the day to day supervision of the full workshop performance, including people, process and product. This is a hands-on role with people management and quality responsibilities.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Lead and manage the workshop team to achieve production schedule and customer demands – achieve On Time objectives
• Ensure that customer quality standards are achieved at all times – achieve Right First Time objectives
• Encourage and facilitate continuous improvement culture within the team and initiate lean management ways of working.
• Agree and communicate deadlines to relevant parties to ensure dispatch dates are met
• Take necessary corrective action when production deadlines may be at risk
• Schedule workshop resources to ensure efficient and effective use of labour in line with production schedule
• Deliver regular communications e.g. team briefs, weekly meetings or equivalent.
• Ensure workshop tasks and activities are monitored and measured for efficiency, including the creation of Standard Operating Procedures/Method Statements.
• Ensure workshop tasks have undergone the necessary Risk Assessments and these are kept up to date
• Ensure workshop staff are trained and competent in all areas of the department to achieve maximum utilisation of available resource.
• To assist in the development and improvements of all new products
• Work with sub-suppliers where necessary to ensure quality of outsourced items and compliance to our quality standards and customers order
• Participate in recruitment and induction activities of new team
Experience and Competencies required
• Mechanical fitter/engineer, apprenticed trained if possible
• Previous Supervisory position held, with equivalent professional training or qualifications
• An engineering background with experience in hydraulics/pneumatics /pipefitting
• Knowledge of electrical and or panel wiring is desirable
• Be able to read and interpret engineering drawings, bills of materials and project timing plans
• IT Literate
• Six sigma / lean manufacturing knowledge
Salary is Negotiable depending on Experience level.
Working hours: 37.5 hours Monday to Friday.
Excellent additional benefits package on offer